Monday, October 11, 2010

Cloudy nights, but lovely crescent Moon this evening

Oh, it's good to have the Moon back. I'd kind of missed him (her?). It's been pouring here these past few days, so no stargazing, though I did take some fun post-rain shots of spiderwebs and droplets on leaves (see them posted on my new photraphy site at http://www.trherlinger.artdealers.com/). Then tonight the crescent hovered above the trees, and I ran out with my 135mm lens to find a spot away from the telephone lines (took a while!) with some nice trees in the foreground. I'm finally learning that the only way to get good Moon shots with my 35mm is to use the long lens; otherwise, the Moon is teeny-tiny! We'll see how these turn out--likely not as good as the real thing : ) The Moon got all misty as it set, so that probably means we're back to rain tomorrow. Sigh. Hey, check out the Moon pic I just posted, from last month. Makes me want to take a rocket there...

Until next time, happy stargazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment